The Federation of European Securities Exchanges (FESE) will award the Josseph de la Vega Prize 2016 for an outstanding research paper related to the securities markets in Europe. Papers about current developments in European securities markets are particularly welcome.
TOPICS: The paper may refer to any of the following topics:
– Saving via Capital Markets: access to capital markets for investors, European private pension plan, financial literacy.
– Financing via Capital Markets: SMEs access, SMEs Growth Markets, Prospectus Regulation, new forms of equity financing.
– Primary Markets for Equities and Bonds: public and private offerings, ongoing disclosure requirements, markets segments.
– Secondary Markets for Equities, Fixed Income and Derivatives: value of exchanges for the real economy, liquidity, transparency, efficiency, risk management, market microstructure, development/size of markets.
– Fairness, Security and Integrity of Markets.
– Benchmarks, Market Indicators and Market Data.
– New Technologies: blockchain, crypto-currencies, etc.
– Impact of Regulation.
The winner(s) will be awarded the Prize at the gala dinner of the FESE Convention 2016, which will take place on Wednesday, 15th June 2016 in Malta in the presence of high-level officials and industry representatives from around the world. In addition, the winner(s) will be invited to attend the FESE Convention 2016 on Thursday, 16th June in Malta. Travel and accommodation expenses of the winner(s) will be borne by FESE, in accordance with pre-defined guidelines.
The prize maximum amount awarded will be EUR 5,000.
Read more about the conditions here: http://www.fese.eu/images/