Call for Papers
The European Sovereign Debt Crisis
Conference organized by the Luxembourg School of Finance
in cooperation with the Journal of Empirical Finance (ELSEVIER)
March 11-13, 2015, Monte Carlo, Monaco
This academic conference is devoted to issues related to the European Sovereign Debt
Crisis. Indicative topics include, but are not limited to:
• Financial Stability, banking risk and systemic risk.
• Sovereign credit risk, sovereign CDS market, dynamics of sovereign yield
spreads, sovereign-risk contagion.
• Euro stability, impact of policy responses on financial markets, liquidity issues.
• ECB and banking supervision, economic determinants of the Sovereign Debt
Crisis, macroeconomic modeling of sovereign debt and default.
• Sovereign default risk and coordination between monetary and fiscal authorities,
role of central banks, spillovers between sovereign and private default risks,
determinants of success or failure of austerity programs.
This two-day conference is accompanied by a high-quality social program starting with a
welcome reception on the evening of March 11, 2015 and a conference dinner on March
12, 2015. Selected papers of the conference will be published in a Special Issue of the
Journal of Empirical Finance (guest editors: Roman Kräussl and Thorsten Lehnert, both
from the Luxembourg School of Finance).
Novotel Monte Carlo
16, Bld Princesse Charlotte
– Markus K. Brunnermeier, Princeton University
– Roman Kräussl, Luxembourg School of Finance
– Thorsten Lehnert, Luxembourg School of Finance
– Loriana Pelizzon, Goethe-University Frankfurt
– Stephen Schaefer, London Business School
– Christian Wolff, Luxembourg School of Finance
TOPICS: We welcome submissions from all areas related to the European Sovereign
Debt Crisis. Complete papers in an early stage will also be considered. We ask you not to
submit a paper that has been accepted for publication in a journal or is close to being
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Interested authors should submit their papers as a
pdf-file by November 30, 2014 to: email@example.com. Authors of accepted papers
will be notified by December 15, 2014.
Dual Submission option: Please indicate if you would like your paper to be considered for
the Special Issue of the Journal of Empirical Finance.
EXPENSES AND PRACTICAL ARRANGEMENTS: Participants are expected to cover
their travel expenses and accommodation.
European Debt Crisis Conference
Call for Papers