Call For Papers
09 Aug 2019 – 10 Aug 2019, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), in collaboration with the World Bank Group, is organizing a Conference on “Financial Distress, Bankruptcy and Corporate Finance” at IIMA Campus during August 9-10, 2019. The Conference will facilitate interaction among academia, policy makers, regulators, lawyers, international institutions, private sector, and other key stakeholders.
TOPICS: High quality research papers and case studies are sought on the following topics:
– Corporate debt in emerging and advanced economies
– Corporate defaults and debt restructuring
– Sovereign debt and defaults
– Role of collateral in lending
– Collective action clauses and covenants in bond financing
– Role of governing laws in debt contracts
– Creditor rights and firm behaviour
– Debt enforcement and bankruptcy regimes
– Streamlining insolvency legal procedure
– Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) in India
– Comparing Debt Recovery Tribunals and IBC legal regime in India
– Emerging role of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) in India
– Insolvency professionals and relationship with firms
– Role of sovereign and corporate credit ratings
– Credit reporting systems (credit bureaus and credit registries)
– Default risk in real estate and household debt
– Securitization and market for distressed assets
– Research papers and case studies in related topics will also be considered.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Please submit the full paper or an extended abstract by March 31, 2019. Email your paper to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you plan to submit an extended abstract, it should contain the research questions, methodology and key findings (within 1,000 words). The shortlisted papers and abstracts would be announced latest by April 15, 2019. The full papers need to be submitted by May 31, 2019, for inclusion in the conference programme.
Conference participants will have the option to submit their paper for publication in a Special Issue of IIMA’s Vikalpa journal.
Limited travel support will be provided selectively to presenters.