The vision of the Centre for Capital Markets and Risk Management is to provide academic leadership in research and teaching on Indian Capital Markets. To realize this vision the Centre intends to:
- Through a generous grant from the Investor Protection Fund of the National Stock Exchange, the Centre is currently developing a Platform for Investor Education. See PIE for more details.
- Provide sources of existing research on Indian capital markets to scholars interested in the region and to disseminate original research carried out at IIM-B. In this regard, a searchable database of academic research papers pertaining to Indian finance has been developed and will be updated at periodic intervals. Abstracts and complete citations for both published and working papers are available to researchers affiliated with IIM-B. Working papers by IIM-B faculty and students will also appear on this site at their discretion. In addition to academic research, the site also maintains and updates finance-related policy documents from domestic and international organizations that are likely to interest scholars in finance around the globe.
- The Centre has a program partnership with the CFA Institute. Centre personnel have participated in asset management panels and conducted workshops for investment professionals. The website also disseminates information regarding upcoming finance conferences both national and international, via the announcements page. Workshops on risk management, on demystifying derivatives, on algorithmic trading have been conducted in the past.
- Describe existing data sets and explore the creation of new datasets that will establish IIM-Bangalore as the hub for empirical research on Indian Capital Markets. A brief description of each of the various databases available at the IIM-Library appear on this site. The Centre is also exploring options to build data sets on mutual funds, and eventually hopes to make available data from sources such as the exchanges, the depositories of India and India’s ministries in a researcher-friendly fashion.
- Create and manage a financial markets laboratory that will support the Centre’s contributions to research and teaching in finance.
- The lab is housed in the basement of N-Block and currently consists of 10 Bloomberg terminals. The lab trains about 250 students annually on using Bloomberg and has contributed positively towards stimulating student interest in Finance. Using the Bloomberg terminals, student teams have won several contests: a) SYTACT investments contest (with 3 teams in the top 10 of 400); b) gold medalists at the Asia Private Equity Investment LBO case Challenge, 2016; c) winners of the national finals of the CFA Research Challenge, 2017. Supporting material that exploit the resources in the lab have been developed for several courses within the area.
If you are interested in contributing to the Centre’s activities, please contact Prof. S.G. Badrinath at email@example.com or Aishwarya Krishna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru, India
Pin Code : 560076
The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) is a leading graduate school of management in Asia. Under the IIM Act of 2017, IIMB is an Institute of National Importance.